RN, Oncology Infusion Center, Emory Winship Cancer Institute
At Emory Healthcare, our team members know that we are all in this together. Through the integration of science and caring, our physicians and employees are transforming health care and advancing medical discoveries. We don’t just use the latest evidence; Emory Healthcare is helping to define it.
The Winship Cancer Institute is the only NCI-designated cancer center in Georgia. In 2015, we enrolled nearly 800 patients in more than 250 clinical trials, and, since 2007, 75 percent of new cancer treatments approved by the Food and Drug Administration have come through clinical trials at the Emory Winship Cancer Institute.
Our Oncology Infusion Center, a critical service at Winship, is seeking an experienced registered nurse to join our team. This position will perform clinical assessments, administer chemotherapy/supportive therapies including blood products, monitor for & treat hypersensitivity reactions, collaborate with clinical teams for coordination of care, educate patients/families and document care in electronic medical record.
Grow your career with an organization that:
- Values your contributions with a highly competitive pay and benefits package
- Promotes personal and professional growth and development
- Supports evidence-based practice and low patient-to-nurse ratios
- Fosters a team-based, patient-focused environment
- Serves as a resource to colleagues and strong advocate for patients/families.
- Identifies patient and family learning needs and makes recommendations to resources regarding those needs.
- Incorporates AACN Synergy Model into clinical practice, articulating application of Synergy model for care in clinical practice and delegating appropriately utilizing the Synergy model.
- Functions in a developing leadership role, serving as Charge Nurse when assigned.
- Orients staff or students as assigned in absence of designated preceptor.
- Recognizes that cultural differences need to be considered in developing patient and family relationships (focus on identifying cultural norms).
- Accepts personal accountability for professional development and growth.
- Collects, reports, analyzes and provides data on an ongoing basis.
- Uses interviews, surveys, focus groups and questionnaires to identify and resolve areas for improvement.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- 24 months of recent nursing experience within the past five years.
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Georgia.
- BLS certification required and ACLS may be required in designated departments.
- Chemotherapy administration &/or infusion experience, IV skills and central line experience required.
- Candidate must have good communication, problem solving and time management skills.
- Current Chemo/Bio card through ONS and OCN certification preferred.
About Emory Healthcare
As Georgia’s leading academic medical center, with the most comprehensive network of hospitals, clinics, specialists and primary care providers, Emory Healthcare is committed to innovation and challenging the status quo on behalf of our patients and communities we serve. We are proud to be Georgia’s only health system with three Magnet®-designated hospitals. Our team is more than 16,000 strong and committed to providing patients and families with better, more collaborative care.
Start your dream job today at www.EmoryHealthcare.org/careers (Req # 65896BR)
An equal opportunity employer.