Masters prepared nationally certified clinician who manages the care of a defined patient population as a dominant aspect of the role. Recognized as an interdisciplinary leader within the service area and institution. Critically analyzes the health care delivery system and clinical outcomes to maximize the delivery of quality, cost effective patient care services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates appropriate Clinical behaviors for the APN2 role, as negotiated with administrator.
- Demonstrates appropriate Leadership, Teamwork, and Collaboration behaviors for the APN2 role, as negotiated with administrator.
- Demonstrates appropriate Communication behaviors for the APN2 role, as negotiated with administrator. Various quality and cost effective approaches are used to manage health and illness.
- Demonstrates appropriate Problem-Solving behaviors for the APN2 role, as negotiated with administrator. IMPORTANT: As part of the JDPA, attach a progress report on the outcomes achieved for your role, using the PNSO APN Outcomes Template. Discuss progress achieved, and negotiate specific goals and outcomes expectations for the upcoming year.
- Demonstrates appropriate Knowledge Development and Professional behaviors for the APN2 role, as negotiated with administrator.
- Demonstrates appropriate Scholarly Activities for the APN2 role, as negotiated with administrator.
- Demonstrates appropriate Customer Service and Marketing behaviors for the APN2 role, as negotiated with administrator. Others are coached in balancing responsibilities.
The BMT Pediatric Nurse Practitioner has both inpatient and outpatient responsibilities. Under the general supervision of the Pediatric BMT Team, the NP role includes the following:
- BMT NP will coordinate apheresis procedures and follow-up patients receiving these procedures including writing apheresis orders •BMT NP will be able to independently evaluate bone marrow transplant donors and consent them for bone marrow or PBSC donation •BMT NP will provide care for pediatric BMT inpatients including signing admission orders, evaluating patients and managing pediatric bone marrow transplant patients under the supervision of pediatric BMT attending physicians as needed for coverage •BMT NP will assist to coordinate post-transplant care of pediatric bone marrow transplant patients including: follow-up of laboratory tests, making changes in medications based on test results, communicating with patients, families, and referring physicians and nurses from referring institutions, calling in prescriptions and refills, signing home care orders and arranging home care, signing orders for transfusions, laboratory tests, hydration, etc.
- BMT NP will also manage BMT outpatients including evaluating laboratory and other testing needed prior to outpatient visits, seeing patients in outpatient clinic, managing medications and prescriptions, interacting with homecare services, generating letters to referring doctors under the supervision of the BMT attending physicians.
To Apply: https://uvahealth.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=24363
Pay Range: 77,937.60 - 124,696.00
Primary Location: Charlottesville
Battle Building-Children's Hospital
1204 West Main St
Job: Registered Nurse
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.