A dynamic professional clinician focused on population management with demonstrated capability to provide relationship-based care within a collaborative multidisciplinary team. This registered nurse utilizes advanced critical thinking to develop, implement, and evaluate an individualized plan of care that educates, empowers and optimizes patient outcomes throughout all transitions within the continuum of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessment: The Care Coordinator, in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team, performs a focused assessment to evaluate patients and their support systems for real and potential health and safety issues, educational needs, and resource availability upon initial interaction, throughout care and/or treatment, and at times of transition. This individual utilizes multiple means of communication including telephone triage, in-person interaction and the use of current and future technologies.
- Develop: The Care Coordinator, in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team, contributes to the development of the plan of care. The patient’s and their support system’s educational, emotional, physical, psychosocial and cultural needs are addressed by incorporating measurable short and long term goals and is evaluated throughout the continuum of care and at transitions.
- Implementation: The Care Coordinator, in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team, provides care for patients coping with complex and/or long-term health problems with the focus on provision of comprehensive approaches to care of patients and support systems by facilitating access to care, symptom management, provision of education, emotional support, and recommending appropriate supportive & preventive care services.
- Evaluation: The Care Coordinator in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team evaluates the responses to the individualized plan of care gathering data from the EMR, patient re-assessments, reports, and support systems. The evaluation process will include attention to nurse sensitive indicators including unplanned admission, patient satisfaction and iatrogenic illness or injury.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program. Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing Degree preferred.
- Experience: 1 year relevant experience
- License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. May require a valid Virginia Driver’s License. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To Apply: https://uvahealth.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=31174
Pay Range: 48,984.00 - 81,057.60
Primary Location: Charlottesville City-Charlottesville
Emily Couric Clin Cancer Ctr
1240 Lee St
Job: Registered Nurse
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.