Providence is calling a full time, night shift Telemetry Registered Nurse to our Direct Observation Unit at Providence Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment
- Be accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan
- Practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in California, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN); or must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hiring; or at least 20 years of RN experience
- Unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) License
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association, or the American Red Cross, or Military Training Network (MTN)
- Current LA City Fire Card within 30 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association or Military Training Network (MTN)
- National Intitute of Health Stroke Scale (NHSS) Certification
- National Certification (CCRN)
- Successful completion of a course in EKG recognition and it's clinical implications and/or passage of EKG test at 80%
- Completion of a critical care course
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women's Pavilion & Resource Center provides women's health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. Providence Health & Services cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core-values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
MOC – 46N1 46N3 46N3C 46N4 66N 66P 0925 0944 0963
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Cardiac Care Nursing
Req ID: 149144