Providence is calling for a Director of Clinical Operations Cancer Institute at Providence in Oregon.
The Director of Clinical Operations Cancer institute is responsible for operational leadership and strategic integration of the cancer clinics, including, but not limited to, Medical Oncology/Hematology Clinics, Oncology Specialty Clinics, Thoracic Surgery and Integrative Medicine in collaboration with the Executive team and physician leadership.
In this position you will:
- Develop and implement patient care systems to assure cost effective, high quality, coordinated, patient focused care and other services necessary to meet the strategic, operational and financial goals of the Cancer Institute.
- Build relationships resulting in compassionate and committed teams within clinical operations and with all stakeholders.
- Direct activities in a manner which is consistent with Providence Core Values, standards of care, mission, and goals.
- Actively collaborate with other leadership divisions/teams to achieve desired outcomes for clinical operations.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in health care, business, economics, or related field.
- 7-10 years of management or administrative experience in health care, preferably in an integrated health system with an in depth knowledge of healthcare clinical operations, revenue cycle management and finance.
- Working knowledge of healthcare reimbursement principles, health care reform, new healthcare reimbursement and financing models, information systems, cost management, quality management, culture of excellence and change management.
- Understanding and familiarity of data implications of EPIC EMR (or similarly complex EMR).
- Strong understanding of clinical operations revenue cycle management and optimization.
- Solid business and financial acumen.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, including prioritizing work and managing time effectively, mentoring others and motivating team to accomplish goals and objectives.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree.
- Specific experience in directing cancer clinical operations.
About the department you will serve:
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 141381