OUR GROWTH IS CREATING PROMISING FUTURES.
With the recent opening of Centegra Hospital-Huntley, fresh and progressive opportunities are dawning for patients and health care providers in McHenry County. The newest addition to the Centegra family of hospitals has created growth-friendly openings throughout our system, which features two locations that have achieved Magnet® status. If you seek a career where your professional development is a shared priority between you and your employer, we encourage you to explore a future with Centegra.
Under the supervision of the senior vice president and chief operating officer for Centegra-McHenry Hospital, this professional will develop the strategic business and tactical plans to grow and develop the service line and maximize the effectiveness of Oncology within Centegra Health System. This individual will facilitate the integration and teamwork essential to ensuring the highest level of care for patients, as well as appropriate physician contracting and relations, program evaluation, marketing and business development, and management of service lines for growth and development and achievement of quality/service objectives. Further responsibilities include the following:
- Ensuring that all Oncology functions are performed in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of Centegra Health System.
- Conducting thorough analyses and developing strategies, methodologies, and relationships to develop, grow, and integrate service lines throughout the system.
- Leading service lines in communicating effectively, including efficient procedures and controls to appropriately anticipate and address needs, complaints and problems, while representing Centegra to customers, stakeholders, and the public.
- Working cohesively with other leaders and departments that play a role in the Oncology service line.
- Helping to prepare and implement operating and capital budgets, and ensuring that hospitals meet goals for operating margin, process improvement, and resource allocation.
- Designing and implementing systems that create efficiency, improve outcomes, and promotes service line.
- Building a productive, effective, responsible leadership team that is thoroughly accountable through successful mentoring and coaching.
- Ensuring that the hospital meets all applicable standards and requirements of federal/ state/ city regulatory bodies.
- Continuously enhancing service outcomes by overseeing development and follow-through of improvement opportunities that are consistent with our mission, vision, and values.
- Acting as a role model for staff by responding effectively to customer-satisfaction issues, meeting and exceeding expectations; resolves challenging situations; and planning ahead to decrease inconveniences to our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field.
- Five or more years of experience leading cancer and oncology services, including five or more years in operational leadership and growth of clinical programs and service lines.
- MBA, MSN, or MHA.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a professional, multidisciplinary team as a group leader, facilitator, or participant.
- Sound business judgment with a strong understanding of healthcare services, operations, finance, and patient-satisfaction strategies.
- A reputation as a strategic systems thinker and role model.
- Documented self-starter and team leader who recognizes and supports associates in the achievement of the organizational mission and objectives.
- Experience and proven ability in the areas of cost savings, expenditure control, revenue enhancement, and efficiencies in healthcare operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of managed healthcare, reimbursement, contracting, physician perspectives, marketing, and methodologies for evaluating the quality and efficiency of services and the development of new service opportunities.
To explore career opportunities and apply online, visit centegra.org/jobs