Providence is calling a Rapid Response Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (0.9 FTE/Variable shift) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, California.
*This position is Bonus Eligible*
Be a part of a critical-care team that, as an American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) Beacon Gold Award Winner for Excellence, has proven its commitment to compassion-filled, high-quality, patient-centered care.
We are an Advanced Primary Stroke Center as well as a Cardiovascular Center of Excellence utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and technology while our thriving Cardiovascular (CV) Surgery program has implemented evidence based best practice at the bedside. The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) offers a physically beautiful work environment that has 28 beds of which 24 are private rooms. There are two large bay rooms with four bed total that are primarily used for the admission and recovery of immediate post open heart surgery patients
Discover the atmosphere that will nourish your passion and inspire your best work. Providence is calling. Answer the call. For more information about Providence Health & Services, please watch this short video: https://youtu.be/d3UiKKt52Cg?list=PL01D9EB12344ECC85
In this position you will:
- Independently use the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for patients
- Respond to the bedside of patients with suspected signs/symptoms of physiologic instability
- Use information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate the patient's plan of care
- Assume a leadership role, directing and assisting team members in setting priorities for patient care
- Respond to a variety of codes and alerts, identify and assess high-risk patients, rounds in patient care areas, and function as a resource to clinical staff
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California (CA) Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Stroke certification
- Critical-Care Registered Nurse certification within 6 months of hire
- 5 years experience in Critical Care
- Completion of 12-lead EKG class
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN)
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Req ID: 127077