Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Resident (Oncology, Night Shift, 0.6 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care needs for patients with cancer.
- Administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds and monitor vital signs.
- Care for patients requiring long term pain management and those receiving chemotherapy.
- Demonstrate strong teaching and communication skills with patients, family members, and multidisciplinary medical professionals.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers within 30 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current Chemotherapy certification
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Providence Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Req ID: 134424