1. Provides excellent customer service in a team environment. 2. Provides coverage for check in desks at 2 sites. 3. Provides coverage for check out desks at 2 sites. 4. Provides coverage for Treatment check out desks at 2 sites. 5. Provides coverage for the CT/PET scheduler which includes getting authorizations for tests. 6. Provides coverage for answering and transferring phones to the appropriate staff. 7. All these positions include tasks such as return and treatment scheduling, collection of payments, checking patients in and out of the computer system, checking current insurance cards, entering and retrieving orders, printing patient summaries and processing, authorizing with insurance and sending outside test orders to appropriate sites. 8. The phone system is on a computer but at times calls are directed to the operator and must be answered and transferred to the correct staff or physicians.
Minimum of 3 years experience in a healthcare setting.
Experience in medical office patient facing duties.
Experience in healthcare insurance verification and obtaining authorizations and referrals
Knowledge of medical coding to include CPT & ICD-10
SCOPE: Under minimal supervision, is responsible for all of the above tasks using customer service skills. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school graduate or equivalent required. Minimum five years experience in a medical business office setting with insurance processing and balancing responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and other office equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent interaction with staff, patients and the public.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Number: MCKEA00877987
About US Oncology Network
The US Oncology Network believes local cancer care is better care. We empower the delivery of advanced integrated cancer care through our network of independent physicians who share expertise and resources to provide quality, value-based care close to home.
Our clinical and business support capabilities, expertise and industry-leading technologies keep local practices at the forefront of high quality, efficient care delivery while enabling practice success, quality of life and financial security for physicians.
- 25 years of oncology practice management expertise
- Leader in value-based cancer care with over 900 physicians participating in the Center for Medicaid and Medicare
- Innovation Oncology Care Model – one fourth of the entire population of physicians nationwide
- Over 1,400 affiliated physicians
- More than 450 cancer treatment center locations across the United States
- Over 995,000 patients treated annually