Covering Woodbury, Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Maplewood Clinics
Minnesota Oncology offers its employees an exciting, fast-paced, and challenging work environment. We are currently looking for an individual with passion for the healthcare field and someone that can commit to personal accountability and integrity. An ideal candidate will also have excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate and work in a team based environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional nursing care for patients following established standards and practices - Administration of chemotherapy and other therapeutic drugs - Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow in clinic - Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient and labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose and infusing medications and consulting physician regarding dose modifications, problems, and symptom management - Assures nursing charges are accurate and complete on charge tickets - Acts as a resource for MA and LPN staff - Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in patient's chart - Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching, instructional materials, and community resource information
Requirements: - Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred - Current MN licensure and registration required - Current or pending OCN certification preferred - Current CPR certification required - 2-3 years of nursing experience with IV experience preferred - Knowledge of basic computer programs is also required
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Number: MCKEA00878018
About US Oncology Network
The US Oncology Network believes local cancer care is better care. We empower the delivery of advanced integrated cancer care through our network of independent physicians who share expertise and resources to provide quality, value-based care close to home.
Our clinical and business support capabilities, expertise and industry-leading technologies keep local practices at the forefront of high quality, efficient care delivery while enabling practice success, quality of life and financial security for physicians.
- 25 years of oncology practice management expertise
- Leader in value-based cancer care with over 900 physicians participating in the Center for Medicaid and Medicare
- Innovation Oncology Care Model – one fourth of the entire population of physicians nationwide
- Over 1,400 affiliated physicians
- More than 450 cancer treatment center locations across the United States
- Over 995,000 patients treated annually