Arizona Oncology Associates is looking for a Surgical Scheduler. Great opportunity to join a team that focuses on patient care - Located in beautiful Arizona, you will have the ability to enjoy small town living with big city amenities on top of a rewarding work/life balance. The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Position requires at least 5 year medical office work experience. Knowledge of medical terminology required. Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Position is considering all levels of experience
Under minimal supervision, dedicated to inside surgery scheduling from physicians orders as directed by the physician. Reserve operating room date and time. Schedule anesthesia, surgical assistant and any outside surgical representatives and/or equipment necessary for procedure. Provide patient with pre-operative testing information ordered by physician: ie; CHEST XRAY/EKG/LABS and if requested any MEDICAL CLEARANCES. Obtain necessary insurance authorization from insurance company with the proper Procedure (CPT) and Diagnosis codes (ICD9/10). Communicate to the patient surgical information, all necessary prep the date/time/location of the appointment. . May help orient, train and assign work of lower level employees. Serves as a liaison between physician, patients, Operating Room (OR) staff and all medical professionals involved. Follows standard procedures and pre-established guidelines to complete tasks. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Is fully versed in surgery scheduling - Demonstrates an understanding of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis necessary to perform appropriate scheduling. - Knowledgeable in coding, able to look up codes specific to diagnosis and scheduled procedure. - Knowledge of patient's medical history, i.e. allergies, current medications - Obtains insurance pre-authorization - Obtains and enters all authorization and correspondence relating to scheduled surgery in EMR/Physicians calendar, surgical assistant and anesthesia scheduling. - Communicates to patient what the necessary prep is before surgery. - Follow up on all pre-operative tests to ensure completed and cleared for surgical procedure and communicates with physician and patients if further testing is required before surgery is performed. - Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation - Schedules post-operative follow-up appointments with the Physician. - Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency surgery scheduling position - May provide direction and assistants to lower level employees - Researches and responds to routine, non-routine, and complex situations in a timely and professional manner - Other duties as requested or assigned Company Overview
As the largest cancer practice in Arizona, we are proud to provide advanced and compassionate Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology and Hematologic services. Our physicians and staff incorporate a multidisciplinary, personalized approach to treatment to enhance the patient experience by providing complete care in convenient, community-based locations.
We are proud to provide patients with access to the latest treatments, state-of-the-art technology, and an extensive research program. We believe it is beneficial to patients' that these therapies are provided in a community setting, because it allows you to remain close to home and to your support system. Arizona Oncology physicians are supported by talented clinical staff that are sensitive to the needs of cancer patients and their caregivers. United in Healing with The US Oncology Network Arizona Oncology is united in healing with The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks focused on advancing cancer care in America. As an affiliate of The US Oncology Network, Arizona Oncology is united with more than 1,000 physicians and 10,000 cancer professionals nationwide.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We'd Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. *M The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Number: MCKEA00877755
About US Oncology Network
The US Oncology Network believes local cancer care is better care. We empower the delivery of advanced integrated cancer care through our network of independent physicians who share expertise and resources to provide quality, value-based care close to home.
Our clinical and business support capabilities, expertise and industry-leading technologies keep local practices at the forefront of high quality, efficient care delivery while enabling practice success, quality of life and financial security for physicians.
- 25 years of oncology practice management expertise
- Leader in value-based cancer care with over 900 physicians participating in the Center for Medicaid and Medicare
- Innovation Oncology Care Model – one fourth of the entire population of physicians nationwide
- Over 1,400 affiliated physicians
- More than 450 cancer treatment center locations across the United States
- Over 995,000 patients treated annually