You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Director Oncology Service Line.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
You’re equally comfortable with improving operational performance, enhancing provider alignment, service line growth and development, and community outreach.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater.
Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. James Healthcare is proud of our new Comprehensive Cancer Center offering Medical and Radiation Oncology, a Nurse Navigator, Social Worker, Dietician and Clinical Research. We are now moving toward National Accreditation. We work closely with our local and system-wide Oncology partners within SCL Health.
St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed hospital is the only full-service acute care facility in Butte, and we’re the largest hospital serving a seven-county area. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Butte, Montana was established in 1864 as a mining camp and today enjoys preserving its charming historical town’s heritage. Located in the northern Rocky Mountains on the Continental Divide, Butte, MT is only four hours south of Glacier National Park and two hours north of Yellowstone National Park. With close proximity to several Blue Ribbon Trout Streams, it’s an outdoors enthusiast’s paradise!
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five.
We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Director Oncology Service Line you will lead in the following ways:
- Operational Standardization: Leads efforts to integrate services and programs and standardize operational systems and practices within the oncology services.
- Service Line Growth/Development: Represents the oncology service line leadership by leading or participating in various work groups, task forces, and committees that support St. James’ plans for access, growth, and service line development.
- Physician Alignment/Integration: Works collaboratively with physicians and assists in physician recruitment efforts to support the growth and sustainability of key oncology services to achieve market objectives. Facilitates physician/care site collaboration and integration to promote achievement of shared goals.
- Performance Measurement: In conjunction with St. James leadership, supports creation of care site financial, clinical, and operational goals and objectives. Evaluates the performance of the service line against defined metrics and provides recommendations as needed to improve results.
- Pertinent Knowledge Base: Remains current on national and local market trends, new technologies, regulatory requirements, and new clinical/operational opportunities related to oncology services. Proactively shares information with leadership promoting best practice and engaging in opportunities for market share growth.
- Strategic Analysis of Growth/Development Opportunities: Objectively evaluates new opportunities as viable options for business development and growth in conjunction with key system services and medical director.
- Project Planning and Implementation: Provides leadership for strategic program development/project Develops business plans in concert with Business Development leadership, and oversees implementation for maximal return on investment.
- Guidance/Support for Care Site Oncology Leadership: Actively engages senior leaders at St. James for input into needs, gaps, and opportunities for development of Oncology Service Line at the care site. Provides administrative and operational support for service line development activities and actively participates in Oncology Service Line meetings.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Conduct business professionally, respectfully, and diplomatically at all times with internal and external interactions. Communicates in open and honest manner. Utilizes active listening skills as well as effective communication skills when negotiating solutions to issues.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Master’s Degree in clinical or business related area.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a healthcare management and/or service line administration role
- Proficient in market, clinical, and financial data analysis
- Experience working with physicians across multiple specialties and engaging in collaborative relationships to achieve mutually beneficial objectives
- Oncology Service Line experience
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Director Oncology Service Line on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place. Bring your Big Heart to Big Sky Montana!