This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Oncology Educator / Nurse Navigator to work on a new 15 bed oncology unit opening in early 2019.
Statement of Purpose:
Designs, implements and supports the process of delivering education and training on the care of the oncology patient to hospital personnel. Provides oncology and chemotherapy support for patients and nurses. The Oncology Educator/Nurse Navigator reports to the Nurse Manager of the Medical Oncology Unit and is the liaison between MRMC and the Dana Farber / Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center at Milford Regional Medical Center. Assists with the coordination of patient care between the hospital and the cancer center.
1. Participates in day to day operations on the inpatient oncology unit
2. Designs educational offerings and learning experiences using the process and principles of adult education
3. Maintains a record keeping and reporting system for educational activities.
4. Assists Nurse Manager in the orientation and staff development process to establish staff competency.
5. Assists personnel in identifying learning needs and plans activities to meet these needs
6. Plans and evaluates programs in response to health care needs and trends, organizational needs and goals and regulatory requirements.
7. Monitors and evaluates educational impact on the learner, the department and the organization.
8. Uses the consultation process to support the goals of individuals, departments, committees or the organization.
Education: BS/BSN required, MS/MSN preferred.
Certification / License: Current RN License in Massachusetts, current CPR skills, current ACLS providership or attainment within six months. OCN, AOCN preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years of oncology experience and med/surg experience including administration of chemotherapy are required. Education experience preferred.
Internal Number: 12209
About Milford Regional Medical Center
Milford Regional Medical Center, Inc. is a comprehensive healthcare system that comprises the Medical Center; Milford Regional Physician Group, Inc., and Milford Regional Healthcare Foundation. The Medical Center is located at the intersection of Routes 140 and 16 in Milford, MA.
A full-service, community and regional teaching hospital, Milford Regional is a 149-bed, nonprofit, acute-care facility serving a region of 20-plus towns. With over 300 primary care and specialty physicians on the medical staff, our physicians are skilled in the most advanced procedures and technology, and provide personalized patient care in a warm and caring environment. Many hold teaching appointments at New England’s finest medical schools preparing the doctors of tomorrow.
In early 2019 we are opening a brand new 15 bed Medical Oncology unit, and are seeking experienced oncology nursing professionals for a variety of RN positions. Please check out our website at www.milford.org for more information about our healthcare system and services.