MaineGeneral Health is a leading health care system that is proud of the culture of excellence, compassion and collaboration that extends to our patients and their families. We are committed to attracting talented, ambitious people who share our values and strive to provide excellent customer service. We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experiencedOncology Research Nurse (RN) to join the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care in Augusta. If you have a passion for service excellence…we want to hear from you!
The HACCC staff cares for more than 12 percent of Maine’s cancer population and sees more then 7,000 individuals with a cancer diagnosis annually, including more than 1,100 newly diagnosed cases. The HACCC offers patients access to many of the same cutting-edge research studies and experimental medications that are used at the top cancer centers throughout the country. Our services extend beyond the care we provide. We bring hope and healing to patients and families and make the best choices for their situations.
This position is 40 hours per week, on day shift.
• New, state-of-the-art facilities with experienced, dedicated teams
• Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability options
• Retirement savings with potential for employer match
• Generous Earned Time Program
• Loan reimbursement opportunities for Bachelors prepared RNs
• Dedication to employee safety, wellness and work/life balance
• Follows good clinical practice guidelines (GCP) by safeguarding clinical trial integrity while adhering to protocol. Ensures the safety of clinical research subjects, reporting of adverse events and drug accountability.
• Coordinates audits, inspections, and monitoring by supporting auditors and implementing any necessary corrective actions.
• Engages in subject screening, recruitment and enrollment for clinical trials. Conducts proper consenting of study subjects and manages the activities for the study participants.
• Performs detailed clinical assessments of study participants and coordinates clinical treatment, study visits and follow up care.
• Completes case report forms (paper and electronic data capture). Collects, processes and ships laboratory specimens according to protocol documents. Shares clinical research information and general education with patients and other healthcare professionals outside the research team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• Active Maine RN licensure or ability to obtain same in a timely fashion
• At least 3 years of Oncology Nursing experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (BSN), preferred
• In-depth knowledge of the regulatory requirements as well as assuring compliance with protocols, patient recruitment, and overall conduct of clinical trial treatment, data collection, reporting, and documentation
• Willingness to become a “subject matter expert” on cancer clinical trials
• Proficient in a suite of Microsoft Office applications, including spreadsheets and databases
• Strong organizational skills
• Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families and other healthcare providers.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
• Confident and effective oral and written communication skills
For more information, please reach out to our nurse recruiter:
Internal Number: req4490
About MaineGeneral Health
MaineGeneral Health is a comprehensive non-profit system with the mission of enhancing, every day, the health of the people of the greater Kennebec Valley.
We do that through a range of health care services for people of all ages, in a variety of care settings. We focus on clinical excellence, patient and family experience and financial stability.
From birth through end of life, MaineGeneral is here for you and your family.