The Registered Nurse will assess, plan, implement, evaluate and supervise individual patient care according to unit policies and procedures. Accept responsibility for direction of co-workers in the implementation of care plans. May be required to work on other units according to distribution of staff and patients.
1. Completes nursing assessment of patient and documents appropriately into patient chart. Develops and reviews and revises a plan of care, including a discharge plan, based upon the assessment of patient's needs.
2. Implements medical and nursing orders per plan of care and documents appropriately. Evaluates patient's response to care.
3. Engages in patient and family teaching as appropriate.
4. Oversees staff assigned for providing patient care.
5. Collaborates with leadership to assure the integration of the ANA’s Scope & Standards of Practice, assuring that these standards are identified as the measurement criteria for nursing practice on the unit.
6. Unit specific orientation and ongoing training and competencies are assigned based on department role, scope of services, and organizational standards. Documentation of these trainings and competencies will be held in an electronic format.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrates effective leadership and professional skills according to Standards of Care.
• Ability to assess a patient’s condition, formulate plan of care, select appropriate interventions, evaluate patient’s response to plan of care and to explain to patient/family about this process.
• Ability to assess, evaluate, explain, teach, problem solve using critical thinking; and perform calculations.
• Demonstrates excellent professional and clinical skills and utilization of the Nursing process of direct and indirect patient care which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care to meet patient needs and improve patient outcomes.
MINIMUM HIRING REQUIREMENTS
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of nursing
• Current Wyoming Registered Nurse License (see Additional Information for alternative licensure accepted)
As an affirmative action employer under E.O. 11246 Cheyenne Regional Medical Center is an EEO Employer.
3 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Typical starting rate is $28.27-$36.04 DOE
Internal Number: 16918
About Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
We are Cheyenne Regional Medical Center and we are passionate about moving healthcare forward for our region. We are more than 175 physicians, 1,700 employees and 400 volunteers, all dedicated to exceptional patient care and outstanding patient satisfaction. We are Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, your premier regional healthcare system.