Vanderbilt University Medical Center Executive Search Team is conducting a National search for a highly experienced A ssociate Director of Marketing. The ideal candidate will have significant marketing experience in a children's hospital that includes strategic marketing, public speaking, analytics, and exceptional communication skills. The Associate Director of Marketing will lead all strategic marketing efforts for the Monroe Carell, Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. This role will be a key team member of Strategic Marketing's leadership team and will be the primary liaison to the hospital's medical, surgical and administrative leaders. The position will have management responsibilities for a small staff of service line marketers working within the pediatric and women's health service lines.
About Monroe Carrell Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
With more than 500 physicians trained in 30 pediatric and surgical specialties, we're equipped to handle any issue a child may face--from the simple to the complex. The hospital offers comprehensive services for everything from cancer, transplant, trauma, and sickle cell disease, to developmental disorders, ENT, general surgery and others. Featuring Centers of Excellence for the treatment of diabetes and congenital heart disorders, Children's Hospital is also home to the highest level NICU in the state and serves as Nashville's Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Center.
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN is nationally ranked in 10 pediatric specialties. It is a children's general facility. It is a teaching hospital.
Children's Hospital researchers and physicians are internationally recognized for their discoveries in vaccine development, genetics, neonatology, hematology, oncology, autism, fetal and cardiac surgery, and more. Patients have unparalleled access to advanced treatments and cutting-edge clinical trials that help save lives every day. These innovations are the next steps in finding ways to prevent childhood diseases.
Ability to take business insights and goals and confidently create robust integrated consumer marketing strategies and plans.
Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, including the ability to understand and interpret relevant data and complex topics.
Ability to manage vendors and budgets effectively and efficiently.
Possess strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express complex concepts clearly and concisely.
Ability to present information to stakeholders and executives alike, as well as provide consultation.
Experience in managing/coaching talented staff and in building/maintaining high performing teams.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
10+ years related work experience demonstrating skills and duties outlined above, the majority of that in a children's hospital
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.