The Oncology Nurse Manager is accountable for 24/7 oversight of the day-to-day operations of the department through implementation of strategy, policy, direction, and action planning. Analyzes, develops, and implements methods and systems to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of services. Creates an environment that promotes the provision of patient-centered, specialized, and evidence-based nursing care across the continuum through an inter-professional approach to treatment, research, education, and advocacy. Contributes to the goals of the department and the department of nursing. Is accountable for the delivery of compassionate and safe care within the scope of practice as defined by the Wisconsin Board of Nursing and ThedaCare policy. Is responsible for patient outcomes that meet high quality of care standards.
1. Effectively manages team members in a manner consistent with ThedaCare policies and values. Ensures the recruitment and retention of competent team members to meet the needs of the business operations of the department.
2. Is accountable for daily activities and work processes that result in quality outcomes.
3. Oversees and ensures accuracy of time and attendance and payroll practices.
4. Assists team members in understanding how their day-to-day jobs contribute to ThedaCare strategy.
5. Develops collaborative relationships with all members of the care team and departments.
6. Is responsible for effective communication and appropriate escalation of clinical and operational issues to the director.
7. Supports shared decision making and shared governance. Coordinates the professional nurse and other team members’ participation in decisions regarding patient care delivery, work/practice environment, and operational activities that affect daily work flow.
8. Ensures team members are properly trained and informed of procedures, policies, and processes that result in high reliability, safety, and quality outcomes.
9. Supports research and innovation to promote advancement of the nursing profession and the health care environment in area of specialty. Utilizes research findings and evidence-based practice to establish standards, practices, and patient care models that are outcome-driven and patient-centered.
10. Leads by example to support operations and hardwired accountability. Provides mentoring and opportunities for growth for team members to meet their professional goals.
11. Manages daily staffing plan to meet productivity standards and the needs of the patient.
12. Works with the director to develop action plans related to budget and budget variances. Contributes to the preparation and implementation of the annual budget. Collaborates when making decisions that have long term impact on cost-effective care.
13. Is responsible for the coordination of activities and ensures continual compliance with regulatory standards (i.e., The Joint Commission, CMS, and AHCA).
14. Demonstrates, anticipates, and proactively manages risks to prevent crises.
Why ThedaCare? ThedaCare’s reputation for providing outstanding, individualized care is directly attributed to the unrelenting passion for safety and quality demonstrated by our team members. We advocate for each patient by providing timely information and convenient access that empower them to make confident decisions about their health. Our combined expertise allow us to better predict and prevent disease and support a more proactive approach to care, making a critical difference in the lives of our patients and their families.A career with ThedaCare means much more than excellent compensation and benefits. Our team members are supported by continued opportunities for learning and development, accessible and transparent leadership, and a commitment to work/life balance. If you’re interested in joining a healthcare system that is changing the face of care and wellbeing in our community, we encourage you to explore a future with ThedaCare.