Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: R0019728
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking a Certified Nurse Practitioner or a Certified Physician Assistant to join our inpatient Hematology/Oncology team at the University of Minnesota Medical Center (UMMC) in Minneapolis.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work with academic Hematologists and Advanced Practice Providers to care for patients with a diverse range of Benign and Malignant Hematological disorders
- Collaborate with the inpatient hematology consult team to evaluate and provide recommendations on the management of inpatients with bleeding and clotting disorders and new evaluations of blood cancers.
- Provide recommendations to the primary care team, discuss the care plan with the patient and family, and ensure that appropriate follow-up after discharge has been coordinated.
- Engage in independent decision making about patient's needs and provide healthcare services to adult individuals admitted to the inpatient hematology/oncology unit.
- Provide physical and psychological health assessments and education and counseling. Interpret diagnostic procedures, and manage acute and chronic disease conditions ensuring continuity of care for individuals.
- Perform admissions, discharges, bedside rounding, write orders and daily progress notes.
- Perform procedures including bone marrow biopsy and aspiration, lumbar puncture and ommaya reservoir access, and administration of intrathecal chemotherapy.
- 1.0 FTE
- Rotating day shift schedule with hours ranging between 7:00am-5:30pm; occassional holidays and weekends.
- No Call
We're Looking For a PA or NP Who Is:
- A graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or formal Adult Nurse Practitioner training program.
- Eligible or is certified through NCCPA, ANCC or AANP.
- Licensed or eligible to acquire a license and prescriptive authority through the MN Board of Medical Practice (PAs) or MN APRN license or eligible to acquire a license and prescriptive authority through MN Board of Nursing (NP's).
- Able to meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
What Could Set You Apart?
- Inpatient Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant experience
- Hematology/Oncology experience
What We Offer
We're proud to offer competitive salary and a market leading benefits package to support our employees and their families. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some important highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- CME reimbursement, concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.