The Dartmouth Health Manchester-Bedford Obstetrics, Gynecology & Nurse Midwifery team is seeking a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) to join a busy practice with six board certified OB/GYN physicians, nine certified nurse midwives, two APRNs, and one Women's Health PA with a supportive administration group.
In this hybrid role, you will be providing full scope midwifery care in the hospital and office setting. Coverage at the hospital is 12-hour shifts with a physician and 2nd year OB/GYN resident. You will also provide gynecology care and prenatal care in the outpatient clinic.
Our group covers one busy community hospital providing comprehensive obstetrics, gynecology & nurse midwifery services with a 24/7 CNM Hospitalist service for patients in the Bedford/Manchester region of New Hampshire, performing 1,100 deliveries per year with an integrated midwifery service.
The model of care at our Women’s Health Center is to provide care with physicians, CNM’s, APRN’s, Genetic Counselors and Dartmouth Health subspecialists in one office offering comprehensive obstetrics, gynecology, and midwifery care with on-site imaging and access to OBGYN subspecialists.
- Engaged clinicians and staff who are invested in optimal patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Cohesive, competent, and energetic group of midwives, nurse practitioners, and physicians with a shared philosophy of care
- Practice group that is committed to provide high quality and evidence based care
- Unwavering commitment to provide exceptional care for the economic and socially challenged high risk population in the community that we serve
- Caring and professional staff of nurses, medical assistants and secretaries
- Excellent call schedule, supportive administration, quality care, and a focus on provider and patient satisfaction
- Opportunity to train Dartmouth Health second-year residents
- Opportunities for leadership available for appropriate candidates
- Integrated Dartmouth Health multi-specialty referral network, including eConsultation
Our office practice offers:
- Collaborative on-site consultative services with board-certified subspecialists in Maternal Fetal Medicine, Gynecologic Oncology, and Urogynecology
- Wide-range of office based procedures including diagnostic hysteroscopy
- American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine (AIUM) certified imaging services with 3 machines, fully staffed with ultrasound technologists
- Licensed genetic counsellors
- Certified laboratory services
The community hospital where we deliver care has:
- Family-centered care with 12 LDRPs
- 1,100 deliveries per year
- Level II Maternal Care (> 30 weeks)
- Level IIB NICU with 24/7 Special Care Nursery provider coverage (“neonatal couplet care”)
- Robotic technology with da Vinci Surgical System
- 24/7 anesthesia coverage
The Dartmouth Health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income tax or sales tax, this beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Anchored by the academic Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI-designated Norris Cotton Cancer Center, the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth Health; 4 affiliated hospitals and 30 ambulatory clinics across the region. With destinations like Boston, New York, the Seacoast, the Lakes Region, the White Mountains, and ski country within driving distance, the opportunities – both professional and personal – make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and play.