The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Lebanon Obstetrics and Gynecology is searching for a Division Director of Gynecologic Oncology to join our practice set here in the beautiful Upper Valley of New Hampshire. This is an exciting opportunity for a Gynecologic Oncologist physician with leadership experience in the areas of ambulatory medicine practice management, teaching, research and faculty member mentorship.
The new Division Director will mentor faculty and trainees as they develop areas of personal academic and scholarly interest, and will foster a culture of scholarship and innovation within the Section. The Division Director will lead the division’s clinical trial participation in national cooperative clinical trials (NRG, RTOG etc.) Candidates with a background in clinical trial participation will be prioritized.
It is expected that applicants will be able to provide dynamic leadership for our engaged providers and support staff as they continue to optimize the quality and efficiency of their team-based outpatient services and for our inpatient consultative service. This individual should be eligible for academic appointment at the level of Associate or Full Professor of Medicine at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. Our faculty is eager to recruit and retain talented physicians who will help us in creating a more dynamic, inclusive and innovative team here at DHMC.
Opportunity Highlights Include:
- An academic-based, high-volume Gynecologic Oncology practice with four GYN Oncologists, one dedicated Advanced Practice Provider, and two dedicated RNs recognized as high performing in ovarian cancer surgery and uterine cancer surgery by U.S. News and World Report in 2022-2023
- Provide full-spectrum GYN Oncology services to a patient population coming from a very wide catchment area in the only tertiary care academic medical center in the state
- A Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology that is deeply invested in excellence in rural health care delivery through patient and family-centered care
- Serve as an active clinical teacher and supervisor of OB/GYN residents and medical students at Geisel School of Medicine, one of the oldest and prestigious medical schools in the country
- Clinical research is strongly encouraged and supported
- Academic appointment at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- Clinical locations include the main Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center campus and consultation services at a clinic in Manchester, NH
Dartmouth Health is an academic health system serving patients across New England. A national leader in patient-centered health care, DH is on a path to create a sustainable health system for the region and as a model for the nation. Founded in 1893, the system includes New Hampshire's only Level 1 trauma center and its only air ambulance service, as well as the Dartmouth Cancer Center, one of only 41 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation, and the state's only Children’s Hospital Association-approved, comprehensive, full-service children's hospital. As an academic health system, Dartmouth Health provides access to over 1,500 primary care doctors and specialists in almost every area of medicine, as well as world-class research with the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
Cover letter should be addressed to:
Ilana Cass, MD
Chair, Obstetrics and Gynecology