Join BSWH McLane Children’s Hospital as a Pediatric Medical Surgical Registered Nurse and be part of something better! The #1 city in the nation for Nursing opportunities and advancement!
**$5K sign-on bonus offered to qualified candidates
Schedule: Full Time –Nights-36 hours per week
Baylor Scott & White McLane Children's Medical Center – Temple, is designed with your child in mind with state-of-the-art technology, equipment and accommodations sized just for children. Our bright and colorful, friendly atmosphere creates a nurturing place for the children of Central Texas to heal and thrive. Our Temple location is also the home of our flagship neonatal intensive care unit, a Level IV NICU.
When your child needs medical care, it is only natural that stress levels rise. A potential hospital stay can create fear or worry for young patients. That is why we created an environment that is soothing and familiar for your child and for you.
Baylor Scott & White McLane Children's Medical Center, Pediatric Medical Surgical Unit has 48 private medical/surgical rooms serving ages 0-21 years.
- A new "Flash" CT scanner, one of only three in the country, which takes images at twice the speed and at a lower dose of radiation than other CT units
- Spacious family-friendly rooms designed to better accommodate parents and siblings
- A Child Life team to help children and their families cop with the stress and anxiety of medical treatment in a positive way
- 24-hour pediatric emergency department and verified trauma center equipped to deal with the most serious pediatric trauma cases
- Pediatric surgery with five advanced surgical suites and a three-room procedure suite
- Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Center with state-of-the-art MRI and a "Flash CT" scanner that emits the lowest effective level of radiation, reducing risk to smaller bodies, making scan times faster, and requiring less sedation
- VeinViewer® illumination device to help access small veins and arteries beneath the skin
- ECMO therapy, a lifesaving heart and lung treatment reserved for the sickest of patients and a designated level IV NICU.
- Pediatric and neonatal transport ambulance and helicopter
Patient Population: Pediatric Medical Surgical Patients ages 0-21 years and Pediatric Hematology Oncology
“We are a very team oriented unit, and we serve a wide variety of patient diagnoses including pediatric chemotherapy administration.”
-Manager of Pediatric Medical Surgical department
Baylor Scott & White Health Registered Nurses Enjoy
- Competitive pay including an RN Bonus Program rewarding nurses for providing exceptional care and improving patient outcomes.
- Attractive Relocation Assistance for full-time candidates.
- Excellent benefits including a generous 401(k) program with company match, vacation and paid time off (PTO), tuition assistance, immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy. (Note: benefits may vary based on position type and/or level).
- A strong shared governance model featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses and improve patient outcomes.
- Access to more than 4,000 hours of online continuing education for professional development.
- A strong system Nurse Practice Council that uses autonomy, authority and accountability in collaboration with transformational nursing leadership to drive nursing practice throughout Baylor Scott & White Health.
- A spirit of inquiry and innovation that promotes Evidence-based practice, research and innovations in nursing practice.
- A healthy work environment and culture of safety using inter-professional collaboration and professional competencies to meet the needs of patients to provide safe passage and quality outcomes at every encounter.
Why Baylor Scott & White Health
At Baylor Scott & White Health, we empower each other to create healthier communities and deliver safe and high-quality care across the state of Texas. With more than 52 hospitals, 800 access points, a quality health plan and an award-winning research institute, you’ll enjoy endless opportunities to make your mark on the future of healthcare. At Baylor Scott and White Health, you’ll be joining a team that’s committed to better. Because better never settles. And neither should you.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health has the resources to offer a variety of career opportunities to meet your personal and professional goals.
The Baylor Scott & White Health nursing team challenges each other to innovate, to constantly raise the bar and to never settle. Every day, our diverse group of team members bring unique talents, a passion for innovation and a deep Commitment to those we serve.
Baylor Scott & White Health is the most awarded system in Texas, and a Certified Great Place to Work! Consider a career move to the McLane Children’s Hospital as a Registered Nurse with BSWH in the Pediatric Med Surg unit and join our exceptional nursing team committed to something better.
Requirements of the Ideal Candidate
- Graduate of RN School of Nursing
- ADN required
- Active RN License
- Minimum of 6 Months of Registered Nurse experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required.