Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls is seeking a flex Registered Nurse (RN) to join our St. Luke's Cancer Institute Oncology Clinic team. We can't wait to meet you!
The St. Luke's Cancer Institute (SLCI) outpatient clinics are dynamic full-service treatment centers offering chemo/bio/and radiation therapy. This RN is the keystone to the complex, high-quality, compassionate care we provide to the communities we serve.
The Clinical Oncology RN is responsible for prioritizing walk-in and telephone triage encounters to address presenting symptoms with focused assessments, management, patient teaching, and coordination of patient care needs, in consultation with providers, key team members, and outside health associates, i.e., insurance, pharmacies, etc. who are involved with the patient's plan of care. This position will cross-train in one other area within the clinic for coverage purposes.
This position is Flex; 0.2 FTE (16 hours in a pay period), 8-hour shifts, variable days (M-F), and no weekends or holidays.
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions
- Manages care of patients
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Education: Nursing Degree
- Experience: One (1) + years' RN experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
- Experience: Oncology and/or Clinic Nursing experience
- Licenses/Certifications: RN license within the state of Nevada or willing to obtain once hired
*** Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with One (1) + years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current openings.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Twin Falls
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club | Farmer's Market | Pomerelle Ski Resort | Balanced Rock | City of Rocks | Thousand Springs | Magic Valley Symphony | Sawtooth National Forest
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.