All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- $7,500 Sign On Bonus and 3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. Itâ™s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Nights (7:00 pm - 7:00 am) Weekend rotation required
Location: 7727 Lake Underhill Road, Orlando, FL 32822
AdventHealthâ™s Critical Care Nurse Internship Program (CCNIP) â“ Progressive Care Unit (PCU) is for the Experienced RN who is interested in transitioning into a Progressive Care Unit (PCU) from another specialty. This 6-8 week program incorporates comprehensive body systems modules including anatomy and physiology, various body systems conditions, diagnostics, nursing care and treatment. This online approach provides the basic didactic critical care content with educational activities that is reinforced in clinical experience with a preceptor.
The community youâ™ll be caring for:
- AdventHealth East Orlando, a 305-bed community hospital that serves as one of AdventHealth's seven satellite facilities, became part of the AdventHealth system in 1990. At AdventHealth East Orlando, we strive to improve our patients' quality of life through a holistic approach to health care - mind, body and spirit - while remaining at the forefront of medical innovation.
- During the past ten years, we've invested $122 million in facility improvements to serve the growing community. Among the recent additions and openings, we have an expanded Emergency Room, a Center for Medical Simulation and Education, a renovated Cancer Institute. Currently we are renovating our 24 bed ICU to a 40 bed Critical Care Unit that can take both intermediate and ICU level patients, we have invested in the newest technology for innovative safe care of our most critical patients.
- Want to see what itâ™s like to work with us? Click here for a virtual tour of our East Orlando campus!
The role youâ™ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value youâ™ll bring to the team:
- Nursing Knowledge: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- Patient Safety: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- Communication: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
- Documentation: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
*Terms: 24 month Full-time Employment Contract Required for Sign On Bonus and Relocation
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.