Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Plano- Make YOUR move!
FT Night (5000.00 Sign on Bonus - Must have 2 years RN experience to qualify)
Progressive Care Unit
Are you looking to increase your knowledge base? Are you seeking a place that fosters an environment of dynamic learning, mentoring, and supporting each team member. Are you looking to build on your skills as a nurse to be in a state-of-the-art facility?
Progressive Care Unit
Patient Population: Progressive Care/Med Surg (Comprehensive Stroke, Sepsis, Vasoactive Drips)
Patient Ratio: 1:4
Number of Beds: 32 beds
Department Specifics: >90% BSN, National Nursing Certification preferred but not required; opportunity for BSWH to pay upfront for selected certifications, ACLS required and may complete post hire. Multi-Disciplinary Rounds for efficiency focusing on length of stay and readmission rate, Shared Governance promoted with Unit Based Council in place, Educational Opportunities including Leveling Up, Self-Scheduling, committed towards Patient Safety and Zero Harm culture, culture of teamwork, positive workplace environment, work-life balance, Unit Leadership open-door policy with visibility on the unit.
Facility Culture: We pride ourselves on being a Christian ministry of healing while promoting the well-being of individuals, families, and communities. We’re a community of people passionate about serving others. Our Values-based culture guides us to serve faithfully, empower you to live well, never settle, make an impact, and know we are all in it together. Our Vision sharpens our focus on everyone so that we can anticipate needs and exceed expectations. This also reflects our aspiration to create environments that empower you – our team member – to use your talents to deliver exceptional experiences.
A part of the Largest Healthcare System in Texas!
Baylor Scott & White - Plano is a is a full-service acute care hospital dedicated to providing quality healthcare to our community. We are a not-for-profit hospital and have been caring for our community since 2004. We have 160 licensed beds and offer a broad range of services including oncology, digestive disease, weight loss surgery, back and neck, gastroenterology, orthopedics, pulmonology, neurology, neurosurgery, and interventional radiology.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Plano is honored to be recognized by U.S. News & World Report “Best Hospitals”, with similar designations from Newsweek and Becker’s Healthcare, and The Leapfrog group. In 2022, BSWMC Plan achieved its third consecutive accreditation in the Magnet Recognition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The Baylor Scott & White Nurse Residency Program is accredited with distinction as a Practice Transition Program (PTAP) by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation in Practice Transition Programs.
We provide adults with personalized care and advanced technology on a beautiful campus in the City of Plano. Our hospital has more than 1,000 medical staff members, representing multiple specialties and sub-specialties while being the epicenter of all East Region hospitals in Collin County and beyond. We are also designated as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services. At Baylor Scott and White, we take pride in our reputation of excellence in care. We believe our patients should receive the best experience and our people make this the best place to work and deliver care.
When you join the Baylor Scott & White Health nursing team, you’re joining the largest not-for-profit institute of its kind in the United States. Be a part of our team as we strive for better, together.
Why Baylor Scott & White Health
At Baylor Scott & White Health, we empower each other to create healthier communities and deliver safe and high-quality care across the state of Texas. With more than 52 hospitals, 800 access points, a quality health plan, and an award-winning research institute, you’ll enjoy endless opportunities to make your mark on the future of healthcare. At Baylor Scott and White Health, you’ll be joining a team that’s committed to better. Because better never settles. And neither should you.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health has the resources to offer a variety of career opportunities to meet your personal and professional goals.
The Baylor Scott & White Health nursing team challenges each other to innovate, to constantly raise the bar and to never settle. Every day, our diverse group of team members bring unique talents, a passion for innovation and a deep commitment to those we serve.
Baylor Scott & White Health Registered Nurses Enjoy
- Market-competitive pay including a Registered Nurse Compensation Program that increase the total rewards package for registered nurses (RNs) who provide direct patient care, working in an operating room or are PRN.
- Attractive Relocation benefit package for full-time candidates.
- We offer a full menu of benefits to eligible employees and their families beginning on the first day of employment such, paid time off (PTO), tuition assistance, immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy. (Note: benefits may vary based on position type and/or level).
- Retirement Savings Plan with dollar-for-dollar matching contributions up to 5% of eligible base salary
- A strong professional practice model that gives nurses the freedom and flexibility to create a career path that is unique to their passions and goals, while helping drive exceptional patient outcomes.
- Access to more than 4,000 hours of online continuing education for professional development.
- A strong system Nurse Practice Council that uses autonomy, authority, and accountability in collaboration with transformational nursing leadership to drive nursing practice throughout Baylor Scott & White Health.
- A spirit of inquiry and innovation that promotes Evidence-based practice, research, and innovations in nursing practice.
- Fostering an inclusive workforce that retains employees and a culture where everyone feels empowered, accepted, and respected.
- The nursing culture is also part of the entire Baylor Scott & White Health culture, where mutual respect and teamwork guide all our relationships: among nurses, physicians, technicians, therapists, support staff – the entire care team. Because taking good care of patients means taking care of each other.