The Director, Oncology Services, under administrative and medical direction, is responsible for coordination, supervision, administration and implementation of Cancer services, which includes Medical and Radiation Oncology, Infusion services, and Support Services. He/she implements educational and information programs and ensures direct patient care is delivered in a safe, high quality manner.
The Director, Oncology Services, must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the developmental stage and biopsychosocial framework of patients served in his/her departments. The individual must acquire and/or demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and in the presence of life limiting, life altering diagnoses.
PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) DUTIES
1. Directs a comprehensive interdisciplinary approach to Cancer Services programming which reflects the Department's philosophy as well as the Philosophy and Mission of Community Medical Center
2. Maintains a current knowledge of State, Federal and financial regulations, and ensures that policies, procedures and performance are in documented compliance with TJC and Commission on Cancer standards as well as all other applicable Federal and State standards regarding Outpatient Oncology operations. Acts as a lead during on-site survey visits.
3. Ensures effective evaluation of patient's perception of care in Oncology in order to promote a high degree of patient and family satisfaction.
4. Promotes the assessment of the patient's health needs, and plans for holistic patient care in conjunction with physician, interdisciplinary team members, patient/family and other disciplines as indicated.
5. Reviews, supervises and evaluates the adequacy of patient care provided by all staff members,.
6. Facilitates or promotes the effective evaluation of the multiple clinics included in Cancer Services environment of care and appropriate preparedness strategies, to ensure ability to meet patient needs through times of environmental change/emergency.
7. Supervises the maintenance of accurate and complete patient records and the documentation of services for financial reimbursement.
8. Plans and participates in staff development conferences and in-service education programs. Ensures staff education competencies are met on an annual basis.
9. Makes mutual or supervisory visits with patient care staff as appropriate.
10. Supervises the collection of statistical data relating to the programs. Analyzes said data and ensures it is reported to associates
11. Arranges and takes part in an overall evaluation of the Cancer Services programs..
12. Conscientiously respects and promotes the confidentiality of medical records and information concerning patients and discloses no information without the patient's signed authorization, and then only to properly authorized individuals or agencies.
13. Prepares budgets and manages department operations prudently and effectively within approved budgeted limits to meet productivity targets.
14. Designates qualified department staff to act in the Director's absence.
15. Maintains active involvement in professional organizations; promotes career development of all staff.
16. Provides community education regarding cancer services as requested
17. Assures appropriate staffing based on patient care needs and productivity standards consistently demonstrating fiscal responsibility.
18. Interviews, selects, hires, evaluates, counsels, disciplines and recognizes Cancer Services personnel, and is responsible for their training and supervision.
19. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
3-5 years of clinical and management experience
Licensed or eligible for license in the State of Montana
CMC is located on a 45-acre campus in Missoula, Montana. Nestled in the Rocky Mountains of western Montana, between Glacier and Yellowstone national parks. Our diverse community serves as western Montana’s hub for education and healthcare and offers the perfect blend of four-season outdoor recreation, small town charm and big city amenities.